Classes Ranging from Beginner to Advanced
CrossFit is a lifestyle characterized by safe, effective exercise and sound nutrition. CrossFit can be used to accomplish any goal, from improved health to weight loss to better performance. Our program’s purpose is to improve your everyday life by preparing you for everything and anything.
The daily workouts are constantly varied, functional movements performed with an appropriate intensity to match the individual’s ability level. Workouts vary daily and are designed to provide a broad base of general physical preparedness. We offer an on-ramp program for beginners, group and private training, and group classes for kids.
In our one-hour group CrossFit sessions, participants will be led by our expert coaches through multiple phases of fitness and recovery including:
- Dynamic warm-up
- Mobility drills
- Skill drills and explanation of strength and conditioning workouts that day
- Olympic or power weightlifting to increase strength of the individual (Not size!!)
- Workout of the Day (WOD) – The conditioning aspect of the session that combines gymnastics, running, jumping, squatting, kettlebells, Olympic weightlifting, etc. for an allotted period of time or number of rounds
- Post-workout recovery techniques to prepare you for the rest of your day and for your next workout
(Class format description courtesy of CrossFit, LLC)(?)
Our nutrition program is based on the four pillars of overall health: Food, Stress, Sleep, and Movement.
Our coaches will give you a personalized nutrition plan created just for you and your needs.
This program is for everyone – from the athlete who needs to figure out how to find an extra edge in their training to achieve their competitive goals, to the person who just wants to improve their body composition to be a happier, healthier person.
With our Nutrition Program, you will receive:
- A comprehensive “Get Started” manual with nutrition guidelines for long-term success
- Weekly email check-ins and a monthly optional zoom meeting or phone call with your coach to optimize your personalized habits
- A personalized nutrition plan from an experienced nutrition coach
- Accountability to achieve your goals with a coach monitoring your progress
- Advice and adjustments from your coach based on your feedback
- Supplement recommendations and guidelines to help you maximize results
Movement & Mobility
Most people can’t use their joints’ full range of motion, and don’t have very good joint stability. That’s okay – it’s part of modern life. Over time poor movement, injury, and stationary positions cause our tissues to change and shorten, often resulting in decreased mobility. In North American society the primary impairments are at the shoulder, hip, and ankle.
But if you want to excel in a high-performance sport like CrossFit, you need to fix your mobility restrictions. Our Movement & Mobility class combines soft tissue work with static stretching and stability work to unlock range of motion that has been lost over time and to improve positioning. As you progress you’ll see serious improvements in your training, including better PRs, easier reps, and fuller recovery.
Targeted mobility work can also be preventative maintenance for your body to keep you feeling fit and fresh while you recover from intense bouts of exercise (like CrossFit) or repetitive motion sports link running, cycling, or swimming.
Use open gym hours to attack your own workout, follow your own (or another program), or tackle some weakness work.
There is no coaching during Open Gym hours. This is your time to work on weaknesses, do some recovery training, “make up” a WOD you wanted to try but couldn’t make it in for a class, or to do some recovery training.
Just a few rules:
- Respect our box and materials;
- Clean up; and
- Always follow the instructions of our coaches.